Watching NFL and NCAA College football games is fun, but it gets really exciting when you have money on the line and your fate can be sealed on the last play of the game making you sit at the edge of your seat until the clock reads all zeros.
This article will give you 7 sports betting tips to help you succeed and win more than you lose.
1. Check your emotions at the door. You do not want to bet on a team because you went to school there and you hate the rival they are playing this week. This can cloud your judgment and make you wager money on a point spread that does not offer good value to you.
2. Check the weather. A high powered spread offense such as the Houston Cougars that passes most of the time may have a hard time covering a 35 point spread in a torrential downpour. It may not be a good idea to take the over of 70 on the over under line even though Houston has covered the last four or five games.
3. Research the odds. There are many sites where you can find the latest NFL and college football odds. Not all sportsbooks have the same point spreads or payouts. This is why it is a good idea to have money on several sportsbooks.
4. Read the news. Before you make your sports picks, read the latest injury reports or academic ineligibles which can make the games closer than they otherwise would be.
5. Avoid paying for football picks. Anyone can set up a sports ufabet website offering their NFL and NCAA college football picks but that does not mean you should trust them or buy from them. Many of the reputable services are expensive and can cut into your win loss totals at the end of the year. You may have to give up half of your football season’s profits to pay for those football picks.
6. Avoid exotic bets. Yes you can find an eight team parlay with a 150 to 1 pay out and win $15,000 on your $100 bet. But that may not be the smartest wager you can make. You are better off betting on the point spreads or over under totals in the long run. At the end of the NFL or NCAA college football season, you can allow yourself to wager a small amount on bowl prop bets or Super Bowl bets.
7. Save money on the juice. The vigorish, vig, or juice is the amount you pay to your online sportsbook or bookie for placing your sports betting. Many of the online sports betting outlets offer reduced juice days which you should take advantage of. This can be the difference between a winning and losing football betting season.